9/05/2014

This puzzle is missing pieces.

I don't even know where to begin right now...

Okay, okay okay. Let's begin from the overall situation. It's not what you might think. I haven't lost much memory, nor have I been kidnapped or anything, luckily. I am, in fact, almost perfectly fine.

Now, about a month ago, I tweeted about going back to the forest, at least that was my intention. But personal stuff got in the way, and I hadn't time to do that. I had to go to meet my grandparents for various reasons, and it took a good while there. I didn't have internet either, and I sort of wanted to take a break, but now that I've seen that taking a break from updating this will only make the situation go worse, I won't do it again. I will try to update at least once in a week, whether it be a tweet or a blog entry. Anyhow, I'll have to write about what happened there, so here goes:
We arrived at our grandparents' house at night, and went straight to bed, because we were so tired. I had another dream, a dream about being chased, (Again!) and woke up in panic mode.
The next day, we helped in cleaning our grandparents' attic, and it's boring. that is, until something catches my eye. I was looking through some old papers (they were mainly uninteresting advertisements from the 1980's or so.) and found a piece of paper, that was much thicker and clearly been through a lot of suffering. there was writing, and a picture that caught my eye; THIS.
This piece of paper. It's written in finnish and I will now write what it says both in finnish and english.
"(??) Muukalainen
(m)enninkäisten jaloon sukuun kuuluu myös (?) muukalainen, joka asuu metsissä, hakkuualueilla. Nimensä mukaan hän on kovin pitkä, ja samoin kasvoton. (?) Kasvojen tilalla ei ole mitää(n). Korkea muukalainen nappaa (tuh)mia lapsia (jotka-?) kotoaan karkaavat tai menevät metsään öiseen (aikaan-?). Koska muukalainen on (?????????)"



"(??) Stranger
 also a member of the noble family of the faerie is (?) stranger, who lives in forest areas and woods. He is very tall and faceless: There is nothing where his face should be. The Tall Stranger takes naughty children who run away from home or wander to the woods alone at nighttime. Because The stranger is (????????)"

Can you imagine this sinking feeling I got from reading that?
Anyways, I didn't tell anyone about what I found, but I did ask my grandpa about old finnish faerie mythology, and unfortunately, he didn't say anything about this one. (I got stuck with him for two hours while he rambled on about how annoying sauna elves can be. Don't even ask what they are.)  But when I asked about forest sprites or similar, he did say one thing, which made the blood in my veins freeze to ice:
"Älä lapsi rakas pelleile semmoisilla, metsiä kunnioitetaan, eikä sellaisten henkiolentojen kanssa pidä leikkiä!"
or in english:
"Dear child, don't mess around such things. Forests are to be respected, and you should not play with such beings!"

Well, with the new information in my mind we got back home after a week, and the school started. It's incredibly difficult to try and hide all this from others, but I decided to go back last weekend, and I did. All I remember after getting back to the playground is a sharp pain in my head, and a terrible coughing fit. I think I might have passed out. Then I woke up, feeling like I hadn't ever slept in my life, and tried to write the last post. But I probably fell asleep in the middle of doing it. what freaks me out is that I didn't post it, and I sure as hell did not add the binary, which, by the way translates to:
F O R G E T
E V E R Y T H I N G.

Anyhow, it's late, and I'm tired. I might continue this tomorrow. bye.
- Darkn3z

2 comments:

  1. BrittanyBlizzard8/9/14 19:04

    So it's like a fairy or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The creature that is most alike to this being in Finnish mythology seems to be a forest devil, Hiisi, but Hiisi does have a face and is most often portrayed as looking like a troll or similar. I havent found anything about a thing that is tall and faceless except this paper in Finnish Mythology, but correct me if I just haven't noticed something important.

      Delete

Yeah whatever.